Class I of the Florida Cattlemen’s Leadership Academy enjoyed a lunch and discussion at Blackbeard’s ranch to wrap up Session 3. Class I was present at the ranch on January 17, 2015. Kent Bacus of NCBA and FBC Chairman Cliff Coddington spoke to the group. FCLA is funded by the Florida Cattlemen’s Foundation, Jim Strickland was chairman of the Foundation when this program began last year.
- From Ranch to Refuge to Restauarant
- Raising the Steaks At Blackbeard’s Ranch, steaks make the case for sustainability.
- Florida’s Blackbeard’s Ranch Recognized for Outstanding Stewardship Practices
- Of Cowboys and the World’s Best Pigs
- Florida Cattleman Donates Cow to UF’s Campus Food Pantry
- Jim Strickland was named one of Florida Trends 500 Most Influential Business Leaders for his work in agriculture and conservation.
- 4,515 acres sell in rural Manatee
- Blackbeard’s Ranch is Awarded Ag Environmental Leadership Award
- Conservation Cowboy
- Ranch near Myakka River State Park will be preserved under conservation easement