Blackbeard’s Ranch, a working cattle ranch in central Florida near the Myakka River, is maintaining the land’s legacy as a home for native wildlife. The ranch’s manager partnered with the FWC and Florida Forest Service on a prescribed burn that will improve the habitat there for both wildlife and cattle grazing.
- Of Cowboys and the World’s Best Pigs
- Florida Cattleman Donates Cow to UF’s Campus Food Pantry
- Jim Strickland was named one of Florida Trends 500 Most Influential Business Leaders for his work in agriculture and conservation.
- 4,515 acres sell in rural Manatee
- Blackbeard’s Ranch is Awarded Ag Environmental Leadership Award
- Conservation Cowboy
- Ranch near Myakka River State Park will be preserved under conservation easement
- Chickee huts Palm trees & White sand pens
- Using fire on a Florida cattle ranch conserving wildlife
- Blackbeard’s Ranch cowboy and cowgirl team Wins Ranch rodeo competition